Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back in Action

Alright, so it's been a while but I decided to try the whole blogging about cooking thing once again.

In great anticipation for the fall, I couldn't wait to pull out my Crock Pot and get cookin'...for my first time back in the saddle, I thought I'd go ahead and make Lazy Chicken. I found this on crockpot365.blogspot.com, which has been a constant source of inspiration when I want to make something cheap and easy. There's nothing I hate more than going to the grocery store so I wanted to make something I already had in the house...hooray for using what you have!

Ingredients:
3 semi-frozen chicken breasts
Minced garlic (to taste)
Rosemary, basil, S&P, Italian Seasoning- all to taste
Medium size bottle of marinara or whatever sauce you like (I used a vodka sauce, yum)
1/2 medium size package of mozzarella cheese
1/2 box of rotini pasta

This morning before I left for work I threw three semi-frozen chicken breasts in to the crock and put some minced garlic on top for good measure. I sprinkled some rosemary, basil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on top then dumped a bottle of marinara on top and turned the crock on low for 9 hours. At lunch I came home and tossed in half a package of fat free shredded mozzarella. Once I got home from work, I tore the chicken up with a fork and I cooked up the rotini until it was barely al dente, drained it then threw it in with the chicken and sauce for the last half hour or so and let it all hang out on "warm" while I went for a walk.

When I got home I dished up a serving for my friend and I and topped it off with some parm...it was a huge hit! Honestly, what could be better than a warm crock pot dinner and the premiere of Glee?? Not much, that's what. It might look a little funny in the picture...but it's pretty tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment